UNDERSTANDING HOW TO BID
WHERE TO BID?
- You can place your bid 2 ways:
- Option A: You can click the BID NOW button on the thumbnail and set your max bid amount.
- Option B: You can click into that item, review the listing, look at the item description and any additional photos and place your bid from there.
HOW DOES MAX BIDDING WORK?
- All listings start at $1.00 with no reserves and when you decide to bid on an item you can set your current max bid to any amount you are willing to pay.
- Our system will automatically keep you $1.00 higher than the previous bidder as long as your max bid is higher than theirs.
- You will continue winning this item until another bidder places a higher max bid than yours.
- When an auction is listed it will automatically start at $1.00.
EXAMPLE OF BIDDING
- “Alex823” bids $10.00. You decide you want to also bid on this item and bid $20.00. You will now currently be winning that item for $11.00 because your max bid is now higher than Alex’s. “Alex823” then bids $15.00. You will still be winning the item for $16.00 because your max bid is still higher than Alex’s. “Alex823” now bids $25.00. He will now be winning the item for $21.00 as he outbid your max bid of $20.00. This will continue until the auction time ends on that item.
- What if “Alex823” bids the same amount as me? Whoever placed the max bid of $20.00 first will be winning the item for $20.00.
UNDERSTANDING OUR CONDITION SCALE
- We encourage all our bidders to fully read the listing. Below the title there will be a condition scale of the product you are bidding on. Further below will be the description to further explain the condition in more detail. All bidders are responsible for fully reading the listing before bidding. If a bidder wins an item having not read our condition or description, they can chose the restocking fee or reconsignment fee option (explained further below on the page).
- THERE IS NEW (RETAIL PACKAGING) - JUST LIKE IT WOULD LOOK IN A STORE - This is our top condition for any product.
- THEN THERE ARE LEVELS OF NEW
- OPEN BOX/OPEN INSPECTED (IT ARRIVED WITH AN OPEN BOX OR WE OPENED IT OURSELVES TO MAKE SURE ALL CONTENTS ARE THERE).
- OPEN TESTED (WE BELIEVED WE SHOULD TEST IT OURSELVES TO MAKE SURE THE ITEM IS WORKING THE WAY IT SHOULD).
- NEW, BUT BOX IS DISTRESSED (CONTENTS ARE NEW BUT BOX HAS EXCESSIVE/BAD RIPS, BENDS ETC.. MOSTLY DUE TO SHIPPING).
- NEW, BUT HAS NO BOX/PACKAGING WITH IT (CONTENTS ARE NEW, BUT HAS ARRIVED WITH NO BOX/PACKAGING).
- NEW, BUT HAS AN ISSUE (EXPLAINED IN THE DESCRIPTION - RIP, MISSING SOMETHING, STAIN ETC...).
- STORE DISPLAY (ITEM IS IN LIKE NEW CONDITION BUT WAS A STORE DISPLAY)
- FACTORY REFURBISHED
- FACTORY REFURBISHED WITH AN ISSUE
- USED FACTORY REFURBISHED
- USED SEE DESCRIPTION
- USED WITH AN ISSUE
- AS-IS UNTESTED (WE HAVE NOT TESTED THE PRODUCTS OR PRODUCT, WE BELIEVE IT TO NOT BE IN FACTORY WORKING ORDER)
- AS-IS TESTED DEFECTIVE (WE HAVE TESTED AND PRODUCT IS EITHER DEFECTIVE OR INCOMPLETE)
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I BID ON AN ITEM?
- When you bid on an item, the thumbnail will gain a bold black border and a traffic light will automatically appear (see UNDERSTANDING TRAFFIC LIGHTS for the detailed description).
- These traffic lights will automatically update based on your current bid status.
- When there are 20 minutes remaining on an item, the thumbnail will turn a faint red.
- In order to prevent unfair auction sniping, the auction will extend 2 minutes every time a bid is placed within the last 2 minutes of the auction ending.
UNDERSTANDING THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS
Please note, the traffic lights on the site are for novelty purposes only. They are not to be used as notification of winning or losing a bid. We recommend clicking on the listing and refreshing the page regularly for the most current bid amount.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I WIN AN ITEM?
- Once you have successfuly won an item, you have 7 days to pay for and pick up your items for free at our retail location.
- Our auctions are held Tuesday evenings, therefore, you have the Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat and following Wed to pick up the items you have won.
- The following Wed gives you the opprtunity to pick up 2 weeks worth of auctions won (this is to help people who didn't win as much as they hoped the previous auction).
- Customers are responsible for paying for and picking up their items within the given timeframe (unless shipping has been arranged).
- If this is not done within this time frame, these items will be relisted for the following auction and a 25% restocking fee will be issued to your account.
- The restocking fee is in place to keep our auctions fair and friendly and to deter people from recklessly bidding on items they do not intend on picking up or from not reading the entire listing or viewing the additional photos (if applicable).
- If you have a restocking fee on your account, you will not be permitted to pick up any future won items until balance due is paid.
- If shipping has been arranged, this does not apply.
How does the Restocking Fee work?
- If someone bids on an item and wins it, but does not pay for and pick up that item, we at BidStreet find this unfair to our other customers who had itentions of purchasing that item.
- It is ultimately the bidders responsiblity to do their own research and fully read the entire listing before bidding. If the buyer misses our description, photos (if applicable) or misunderstands the listing, we at BidStreet will not be held responsible in regards to a return. If the buyer has buyers remorse or did not properly look and read the listing they can reconsign the item at the $3+10% rate or pay a 25% instant restocking fee on their invoice. (This is in place to deter reckless/unfair bidding. It is the bidders responsibility to read the description below entirety and look at all photos (if applicable) before placing a bid to make the auction fair for all bidders.)
- Our staff takes time to provide you these details in our listings which other auctions don't. If you`re experiencing buyers remorse due to not viewing the listing entriely or not wanting the item, please let us know which option you would like to take within 7 days.
- An example of the restocking fee - If “Alex823” wins an item for $10.00 and does not pay for and pick up within the given time frame, that item is relisted and the 25% restocking fee will be applied to his account balance.
- The next time “Alex823” wins an item and comes to pick up, he will owe the 25% ($2.50) restocking fee.
- If this is not paid we will refuse him from picking up any future won items.
- If this happens 3 times, the 3 Strike Rule will apply. (See below for more details)
3 STRIKE RULE
- To ensure responsible and fair bidding, every account is given a 3 strike mercy because we understand things happen.
- If items are not paid for and picked up a total of 3 different times in a row and the restocking fee has not been paid, the customers IP address will be banned from bidding on BidStreet.
- This, once again, is to ensure fair bidding to all our customers. If the restocking fee is paid, the 3 Strike Rule will be refreshed.